|Sicilian Tuna Pasta|
We make this dish camping and if we go with friends they are always surprised how delicious a pasta dish made totally out of cans and jars can be.
Sicilian Tuna Pasta
by Diane Balch
Prep: 10 minutes Serves: 4-6
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 chopped onion
3 chopped cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon of anchovy paste or crushed anchovy fillet
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon of jarred capers with some juice
1 cup of green Spanish Manzanilla Olives or pitted in oil black olives
2 cans drained tuna (in oil is best)
1 jar Fra Diavolo Sauce (I use Rao's Arrabbitata)
* Can use Schar's gluten-free pasta
1) Bring a large pasta pot of water to a boil, put at least a tablespoon of salt in the water.
2) Put the olive oil in a large skillet on medium high heat and sauté the onions. Add garlic and anchovy to the oil and incorporate it. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3) Add tuna, capers, olives, and sauce to skillet and heat through.
4) When pasta is al dente add it to the skillet. Mix it in and let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.
5) Garnish with parmesan cheese and serve with a side green salad.
Tuna, Italian Cooking, Pasta, Olives,Anchovy, Tomato Sauce
Spotlight Recipes from Last Week's Party:
From: I Thee Cook
Rina transforms the humble potato salad into an elegant side dish with her fantastic use of seasoning.
Anne is truly an intuitive cook she created the flavorful rub and the Mango Salsa from ingredients she had on hand in her fridge.
From: God's Growing Garden
We have all been hearing how it is best to substitute sweet potatoes for white potatoes because they are so much healthier... well, this dish is not only healthy - it has incredible Indian seasoning and it is a complete vegetarian, gluten-free meal.
Instructions for Foodie Friday linky:
SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG BY EMAIL OR RSS... or FRIEND ME ON FACEBOOK
1) Copy the Foodie Friday Button's html from this website's sidebar.
2) Paste this html to the html page of the recipe you want to link to Foodie Friday. You can also make a word link or post our button on your sidebar. Please link back.
3) Copy the link to the recipes you want to add to Foodie Friday, not your homepage. You can post up to 3 recipes that you have not shared before.
4) Click on "your next" on this page.
5) Past your link and type in the name of the recipe, not your name.
6) Choose how you want to download the photo.
Dear Party Participates,
I apologize now if I don't respond to your comments or thank you for attending the party until Tuesday. I will be unplugging at some time on Friday for the holiday weekend.
Enjoy your Memorial Day,