|Indian Spiced Potato Salad|
Back when I was a vegetarian I cooked a lot of Indian food the seasoning is so satisfying. This potato salad is inspired by a recipe I once had for a warm Indian potato salad. It has a little kick which is a nice change from the standard salad we have had all summer.
Indian Spiced Potato Salad
by Diane Balch
Preparation time: 20 minutes Serves: 8 - 10
2 pounds of cubed Red Bliss or New Potatoes
2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
1 small minced red onion
1/4 cup of chopped fresh Italian parsley
For the dressing:
1/2 cup of mayonnaise
3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of turmeric
1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (less if you don't want too much spice)
1 teaspoon of salt and some pepper
1) Chop potatoes into 1 inch cubes and put them in a large sauce pan. Cover them with cold water and add 1 tablespoon of salt to the water. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cook for about 10 minutes or until potatoes can easily be punctured with a fork.
2) While the potatoes are cooking in a large mixing bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients and chop the onions and parsley.
3) When the potatoes are done drain them and put them into the dressing bowl, add the onions and parsley. Mix and dirty mash the potatoes. (Not completely mashed)
4) Check if it has enough salt and is moist enough. If it seems a little dry mix another tablespoon of olive oil into the salad. Serve hot or cold.
potatoes, potato salad, Indian potato salad,vegetarian recipe, gluten free recipe, Indian recipe
Home Maid Simple
Simple Living with Diane Balch
Foodie Friday Features:
From: My Carolina Kitchen
This tart is made of magical layers of tomatoes, cheese with a little shallot and olives...seasonally sensational.
From: Little Kitchen Big Flavor
A noodleless lasagna that will truly use up your squash supply. Healthy and gluten-free.
From: God's Growing Garden
Is it possible a healthy dessert? Well these cupcakes are choke full of zucchini & carrots...delicious.
Off again to the woods... unplugged and enjoying nature. So sorry I will not be able to respond to your comments, but I will enjoy reading them upon my return.
This is a food party please only link up food related posts. Thank you.
Instructions for Foodie Friday linky:
SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG BY EMAIL OR RSS... or
FRIEND ME ON FACEBOOK
FRIEND ME ON FACEBOOK
1) Copy the Foodie Friday Button's html from this website's sidebar.
2) Paste this html to the html page of the recipe you want to link to Foodie Friday. You can also make a word link or post our button on your sidebar. Please link back.
3) Copy the link to the recipes you want to add to Foodie Friday, not your homepage. You can post up to 3 recipes that you have not shared before.
4) Click on "your next" on this page.
5) Past your link and type in the name of the recipe, not your name.
6) Choose how you want to download the photo.