LIME SHRIMP KEBAB
by Diane Balch
Prep time: 20 minutes Serves: 4-6
2 - 3 pounds of shelled and deveined jumbo shrimp
1 red pepper chopped (large pieces for all)
1 green pepper chopped
2 onions chopped
1 pound of white mushrooms larger the better, remove stems.
2 bags of whole wheat pita bread
1/2 cup of lime juice
1 cup of white wine vinegar
The zest of one lime
1 tablespoon of fresh dill
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
1 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
3 cloves of chopped garlic
2) Whisk marinade ingredients together in a medium size mixing bowl.
3) Put shrimp and marinade together in a gallon zip lock bag. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
4) While shrimp marinades put each type of vegetable on their own skewers and brush them with extra-virgin olive oil and salt. (I find it is best to grill the same type of food on it's own skewer because the cooking time will be the same.)
5) When your grill is at medium heat grill the vegetables first about 2-3 minutes a side. Grill the shrimp after they cook quickly about 2 minutes on each side.
6) You can grill the pita bread a little too before serving it with the vegetables and shrimp.
Spotlight from Last Week:
From: Ms. enPlace
This dish is summer. Spicy shrimp with Avocado on top of a tostadas...so fresh!
Panko flakes make for a light coating on this straight from the garden chicken dish.
From: Pamela's Heavenly Treats
These lemony cupcakes are little bursts of sunshine.
Instructions for Foodie Friday linky:
SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG BY EMAIL OR RSS... or FRIEND ME ON FACEBOOK
1) Copy the Foodie Friday Button's html from this website's sidebar.
2) Paste this html to the html page of the recipe you want to link to Foodie Friday. You can also make a word link or post our button on your sidebar. Please link back.
3) Copy the link to the recipes you want to add to Foodie Friday, not your homepage. You can post up to 3 recipes that you have not shared before.
4) Click on "your next" on this page.
5) Past your link and type in the name of the recipe, not your name.
6) Choose how you want to download the photo.