Welcome to Poland fellow food travelers. I have never made a Polish dish before. The only food Polish that I knew of was Kielbasa. I also knew that Poland produces the most apples in Europe, so I decided to include apples in my recipe. Sauerkraut seemed like a natural accompaniment to Kelbasa, and potatoes are very often part of an Eastern European dish. I threw this all intp a crockpot, and the result was very pleasing to my husband and son who are great fans of kielbasa.
Can't wait to see what recipes from Poland you have to share with us today.
Slow Cooker Kielbasa Sauerkraut & Apples
by Diane Balch
1 to 1.5 pounds of Kielbasa sliced
1 pound of Sauerkraut drained
3 apples peeled and chopped large
6 potatoes chopped
1/2 cup apple cider
1/2 cup of beef broth
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
2 tablespoon of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of dried mustard
salt and pepper to taste
1) Put potatoes in crockpot first, followed by kielbasa, then sauerkraut. Top with apples.
2) Whisk together: apple cider, beef broth, cayenne, sugar, mustard, and salt and pepper. Pour this mixture over the ingredients in the crockpot.
3) Cook on low for 6 -8 hours or on high for 4 - 6 hours. Done when potatoes are tender and kielbasa is cooked through.
Serve with crusty bread, black or rye go very well.
Nutmeg the spice of Thanksgiving and Autumn is widely used in their cooking. Malaysian cooking uses seafood, beef, coconut milk, curries with lots of rice and noodles. It may be hard to narrow down a recipe for next month. Looking forward to our next rendezvous.
November 5th Malaysia
Add your email to our list and I will remind you two weeks before the party and on the day of the party, so you won't forget to link up.
Directions for Food of the World Linky Party
1) Link up only dishes that are from the country of the month.
2) Add the "Food of the World" button to your post or side bar with a link to this post.
3) Click on "get the InLinkz code" below and put it into your post. The shared recipes will show up on your page too!
4) Tweet, FB, G+ this party... let your friends know about. The more the merrier.