Shrimp & Andouille Sausage with Curried Rice
by Diane Balch
preparation time with cooked rice 10 minutes serves 4 -6
2 cups of cooked rice
1 tablespoon of curry powder
6 tablespoons of butter
1 large onion chopped
12 ounces Andouille Sausage
1/2 pound or so of frozen uncooked shrimp
8 ounces or so of frozen peas
32 ounces stewed tomatoes
*optional: cayenne pepper to taste
salt and pepper
1) Cook rice with curry powder, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of butter. Set aside.
2) Put shrimp in a bowl filled with tepid water to thaw. Remove shells and tails.
3) In a large skillet heat 3 tablespoons of butter and saute onion until it is limp.
4) Add sausage and lightly brown. Put in the last tablespoon of butter the pan is getting a little dry.
5) Add shrimp cook until it just turns opaque. Then add peas and and tomatoes. Heat through. Salt and pepper add cayenne to taste.
Serve over curried rice.
Weekend Bites Features:
From: With a Blast
|Make a Head Savory Bread Pudding Breakfast|
We all have mornings when we need to feed a lot of folks. This is satisfy for all: cheese, bread, sausage...and it can be made ahead of time.
|Veal with pink pepper and squash puree|
Not only are the colors gorgeous in this dish but the flavors are amazing: sage, beets, squash with pink pepper flavoring the veal.
From: Little House Living
|Old Fashion Chocolate Pie|
Wonderful memories of eating pie with the family... how could you not remember such a special dessert.
We visit all posts and comment on many!
We also Pin and Tweet!
Instructions for Foodie Friday linky:
This is a food party please link up only food related posts. Thank you.
Don't link and RUN. Click on at least 3 other recipes, leave comments.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PARTY HOSTS: BY EMAIL OR RSS...
or Google +, Twitter, Pinterest
SPREAD THE WORD: PIN, FB, TWEET ETC... this party. It is good for you and me.
By posting in this party you are giving this blog permission to reprint (with a link to your post) in recipe roundups and featured posts any recipes/articles you share with us.
Subscribe to know when the party goes live!