This post is sponsored by V&V Supremo. All opinions are my own.
I didn't know that Mexicans have a sprinkling cheese that is similar to Parmesan. Coming from an Italian backyard I love to sprinkle cheese on everything.
I got this salad recipe off of V&V Supremo's website. Their site is filled with easy delicious recipes for each one of their products. This salad was a side dish with Paprika Chicken and I got as many compliments on the salad as I did the chicken. That is unheard of in my family... they noticed the vegetables because the cheese brought their attention to them! It was very exciting to see my kids take seconds of the salad.
Green Bean Salad with Cotija Cheese
Keywords: salad green beans
- 1 pound green beans trimmed, cut into 1 inch length
- 1 cup of roasted red bell pepper, blotted dry on paper towels, julienned
- 3/4 cup of red onion, cut into half moons
- 1 1/2 cups Sierra Brand Cotija Style Cheese from V&V Supremo, shaved
- For Dressing:
- 4 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- For Garnish:
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1) In a large bowl whisk lime juice with salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes until salt is dissolved. Gradually add olive oil while whisking. Add onion and marinate for 15 minutes.
2) Add green beans, red bell pepper and toss.
3) Fold in cheese.
Serve with almond garnish.