This a simple flavorful recipe that everyone in the family will enjoy. It is just chicken rubbed with some Spanish Paprika. You can use any type of paprika you like; smoked Paprika is delicious with this recipe also.
Once the chicken is sautéed, which takes minutes. All you have to do is slice up an avocado. I find that if you slice avocados with their skin on and remove it after it is sliced, the slices keep their shape.
Layer avocado, sliced tomato and queso chihuahua cheese on top. Slip the chicken under the broil for 3 minutes and then sprinkle it with scallions.
Paprika Chicken with Chile Pepper Sour Cream
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: saute entree gluten-free chicken Mexican
Ingredients (4 - 6)
- 4 to 6 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- Spanish paprika
- salt and pepper
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 moderately ripe avocado sliced
- 1 beef steak tomato
- 1/2 pound of Queso Chihuahua sliced or mild cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1 small chili pepper minced
- 1/4 cup of Mexican sour cream or regular sour cream
1) Slice avocado with skin still on. Remove skin after it is sliced. Slice tomato, and chop scallions. Mix sour cream with chilipepper and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Set aside.
2) Heat a large skillet on medium high with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. While the oil is heating up rub the chicken with the paprika and some salt and pepper.
3) Saute the chicken for about 3 minutes per side with the cover on. Check that internal temperature is between 160 and 165. Remove from heat.
4) In a baking dish layer the chicken with avocado, tomato, and cheese. Put under the broiler for about 3 minutes. Watch and remove when the cheese starts to brown.
5) Sprinkle scallions and sour cream over the chicken and serve. Great with rice and green salad.