I just discovered the quickest, tastiest, and pretty darn healthy meal... I had to share it with you. I love Trader Joe products for convenience. This is a recipe that came out of a need to make a quick dinner for my family.
Pretty much all you have to do saute a vegetable, say something that is wilting in your fridge. Add a protein. I used some frozen shrimp I had in the freezer, but beans would make this a terrific vegetarian dinner.
Add a can of pre-made curry sauce, any brand will do, and a can of coconut milk... Voilà you have a tasty curry dish. Serve it on top of brown rice and now your are seriously eating well.
Quick Coconut Curry Shrimp
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: entree gluten-free shrimp curry Thai
Ingredients (4 to 6 servings)
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 9 ounce bag of baby spinach
- 32 ounces of peeled, de-vein shrimp
- 1 15 ounce jar of curry sauce (I used Trader Joe's Curry Simmer Sauce.)
- 1 13.5 ounce of coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice, or potatoes, quinoa
1) Cook rice and set aside.
2) In a large skillet saute the onion and then add the shrimp. When the shrimp is starting to look opaque about 1 minute add the spinach. Stir and cook until spinach is wilted.
3) Add curry sauce and coconut milk. Heat through.
Serve over rice, potatoes, or quinoa
Powered by Recipage
Weekly Menu Plan:
Sunday: Salami Minestrone Soup with Mini-shell Pasta
Meatless Monday: Indonesian Fried Rice with Egg
Tuesday: Proscecco Scallops with Asparagus and Roasted Potatoes
Wednesday: Japanese Chicken Curry with Japanese Brown Rice
Thursday: Pasta with leftover vegetables in a garlic and olive oil sauce
Friday: Chicken Breast Diable with Green Beans and Quinoa