This post is sponsored by Adams Media. All opinions are my own.
If you have high blood pressure, diabetes, or are overweight your doctor may have suggested that you go on the DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) Diet.
This is not a trendy, pseudo science diet. Studies have shown that the DASH diet can lower blood pressure in two weeks without medication.
The Dash Diet 30-Minute Cookbook by Christy Ellingsworth provides fresh, healthy, low calorie flavorful recipes like this Grilled Tequila Chicken. These recipes are so tasty you won't miss the salt.
The recipes in this cookbook will be enjoyed by the entire family, so you don't have to feel that anyone has to sacrifice good taste for you. Everyone in the family will be happy eating these dishes and seeing you get back to good health.
Grilled Tequila Chicken with Sauteed Pepper & Onion
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Keywords: grill entree low-sodium chicken summer
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup tequila
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
1) Measure the lime juice, tequila, garlic, cilantro, agave nectar, black pepper, cumin, and coriander into a mixing bowl and whisk well to combine.
2) Wash chicken breasts and pat dry. Add to mixture and turn several times to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Allow to marinate for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
3) Heat the grill. Once ready, cook chicken until no longer pink but still juicy and tender, about 10 minutes per side.
4) While chicken is grilling, heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the diced peppers and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
5) Remove chicken from grill. Plate each breast with 1/4 of the veggies and a dollop of sour cream. Serve immediately.
Powered by Recipage
Weekly Menu Plan:
Sunday: My Go-to-Beef Daube
Meatless Monday: Vegetarian Chili, Brown Rice, Sour Cream, Guacamole
Tuesday: Quick Paella
Wednesday: Salmon, Asparagus, Olive Oil over Pasta
Thursday: Hot Dogs, Baked Beans, Roasted Potatoes
Friday: Grilled Chicken with Moroccan Rub, Cucumber Salad and Brown Rice