Lots of folks coming to your house last minute? Have a bunch of kids you need to make a meal for...? Quick Baked Ziti is your dinner solution.
Most people like pasta and most people like melted cheese. Put the two together and you have a quick satisfying meal.
For the quick version of Baked Ziti all you do is boil up some pasta. Pour some jarred sauce over it and sprinkle some pre-shredded mozzarella cheese and a little grated Parmesan cheese on top... pop it under the broiler for 2 minutes and you got dinner on the table.
You can make a large tray or a single plate of quick baked ziti... it is a great pantry meal.
Quick Baked Ziti
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: depends on pasta cooking time,
Keywords: entree vegetarian pasta Italian
Ingredients (4 to 6 servings)
- 1 pound of ziti pasta
- 1 jar of tomato sauce
- 8 ounces of shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
1) Cook pasta according to instructions.
2) Mix jar sauce with cooked pasta. Salt, pepper, add red pepper flakes. Lay out in a baking dish.
3) Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan.
4) Melt cheese under the broil about 8 minutes for a golden top. Keep an eye on it.
Serve with a salad.
Powered by Recipage
Weekly Menu Plan:
Sunday: Hot dogs, Sauerkraut, Baked Beans
Meatless Monday: Spaghetti with Clam Sauce and a Green Salad
Tuesday: Chicken Parmesan, Roasted Garlic Potatoes, Broccoli with Olive Oil and Red Pepper Flakes
Wednesday: Spicy Coconut Black-Eyed Beans with Spinach & Carrots with Brown Rice
Thursday: Creamy Mushrooms and Eggs with Spinach on Brioche Buns
Friday: Scallops with Hoisin Sauce, Wild Rice and Swiss Chard
Saturday: Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup