This post is sponsored by Bolhsen Group. All opinions are my own.
We all cook tons of chicken tenders for our kids, but have you ever made them with saffron? Neither had I, until I tried Nasreen's recipe. My family loved this chicken!
"Recipes from My Persian Kitchen" is just filled with chicken, beef, fish and vegetarian recipes that have a simple, homey feel to them. They are not too exotic in any way for a home cook.
The seasoning is just different enough to make your dinner a little more interesting, and all it will take is you investing in a few new spices.
Chicken Tenders with Saffron
Keywords: entree chicken Persian
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 2 cups onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 pound chicken tender fillets
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- pinch paprika
- pinch turmeric
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground saffron dissolved in 4 tablespoons of hot water
- 4 tablespoons of butter, cut into pieces
1. Place the onion and garlic in large frying pan.
2. Clean the chicken, cutting away excess skin and fat. Rinse and pat dry.
Season with salt, pepper, paprika, and turmeric. Place on top of the onion and garlic.
3. Pour lemon juice and the dissolved saffron over the chicken. Dot with butter.
4. Cover and cook on medium-low heat, 15 minutes per side.
5. Serve with side dishes of potatoes, rice, or vegetables. Nush-e jan!
Tip: For more taste a tenderness, sprinkle the chicken on all sides with salt and pepper and then refrigerate for 30 minutes before cooking.
Powered by Recipage
Weekly Menu Plan:
Sunday: Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup
Meatless Monday: Black Bean Burger with Chipotle Mayo and Guacamole
Tuesday: Slow Cooker Chicken Paprika and Potatoes
Wednesday: Salami Minestrone Soup with Rustic Bread
Thursday: Shrimp and Cellophane Noodles