When the weather gets warmer my family's schedule gets busier. That means it is time to get the slow cooker out, because I don't want to be tempted to spend a week's worth of grocery money on one meal and eat twice as much food as I need to, by going out to dinner.
This is an easy meal to put together quickly in the morning or leave it overnight in your refrigerator to put it on to cook before you leave the house for work. If "Hot and Sweet Cherry Peppers" are too spicy for your family, substitute plan cherry peppers or any jarred pepper you prefer.
Slow Cooker Chicken with Sweet & Spicy Peppers
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours on low to medium, 6 ho
Keywords: slow-cooker soup/stew gluten-free chicken
Ingredients (6 to 8 servings)
- 2 large onions chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 4 potatoes cubed
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 12 teaspoons of dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces of Hot and Sweet Cherry Peppers (I used Trader Joes) with liquid
1) Microwave the potatoes on high for 3 minutes before you put them into the slow cooker.
2) Put the onions, celery, potatoes in slow cooker. Place the chicken on top of these ingredients.
3) Whisk together: EVOO, wine, oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour it over the chicken.
4) Pour jar of peppers over the chicken and let it cook for 8-10 hours on medium-low or 6 hours on high.
5) Shred chicken before serving. Rustic bread goes well with this stew.
Powered by Recipage
Weekly Menu Plan:
Sunday: Sweet Potatoes Andouille Sausage
Meatless Monday: Black Eye Beans in Chicken Broth with Leftover Vegetables over Brown Rice
Tuesday: Shrimp Roasted Red Chili Paste Stir Fry over White Rice
Wednesday: Slow Cooker Smoky Indonesian Chicken Curry
Thursday: Hot Dogs with Baked Beans and Roasted Potatoes
Friday: Spaghetti with Clam Sauce and Green Salad