Nothing says Spring quite like ham and peas. This is a simple recipe in which you can use up leftover ham. Fresh peas are beginning to be available. If you can find them and use them that day...do!
The texture of fresh peas is really lovely, but if you wait a day to use them you will have texture with no flavor... you have been warned!
Any type of pasta can be used for this dish and Parmesan cheese can be substituted for Romano cheese.
Smoked Ham & Peas Pasta
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: entree pasta ham peas Italian Indian spring
Ingredients (4-6 servings)
- 1 cup of Smoked Ham cubed
- 16 ounces of frozen or fresh peas
- 1/2 cup of Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1/4 cup of Romano cheese grated
- 1 pound of bowtie pasta
- salt and pepper
1) In a large saucepan bring salty water to a boil for the pasta. Cook according to directions.
2) While the pasta water is coming to a boil heat the oil on medium-high heat in a large skillet.
3) Add the peas, ham, salt and pepper. Heat the peas through.
4) When pasta is cook add it to the skillet along with the cheese and additional oil, salt and pepper is you like. Wait 5 minutes before you serve. Toss well.
Powered by Recipage
Weekly Menu Plan:
Sunday: Sausage and Lentils with Fennel and Fingerling Potatoes
Meatless Monday: Chickpea Curry with Brown Basmati Rice and Naan
Tuesday: Beef Goulash with Cumin & Paprika over Elbow Macaroni
Wednesday: Chipotle Chicken & Corn Tostadas
Thursday: Buttery Cod, Green Beans and Roasted Potatoes
Saturday: Escarole and Beans