A little chill in the air... back to school and busy schedule time. Have some American Goulash. It is easy to whip up. The Hungarian Paprika makes the dish a little more interesting than plain ground beef and red sauce over pasta.
My family goes crazy over this dish, especially when I use spiral pasta...spirals are fun! You'll be happy to have a healthy tasty meal on the table in 30 minutes that no one is complaining about.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: entree beef pasta
Ingredients (4 - 6 servings)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 large onion minced
- 1 green pepper chopped small
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 28 ounce can of tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon of Hungarian Paprika
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound of elbow or twist pasta
- Garnish: sour cream
1) Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil for the pasta.
2) In a large skillet heat the butter to medium-high and saute the onion and pepper, paprika and cumin. When the vegetables are soft add the beef, cook until it is no longer pink.
3) Add the tomato puree, stir continuously and bring to a boil. Cook for a few minutes until the sauce starts to darken. Turn off heat.
4) When the pasta is ready mix it with the beef and sauce.
Serve with sour cream and a salad.
Powered by Recipage