Endives and berries…I’ve been dreaming about them. Ever since I received my six pounds of endives from California Endives and my Driscolls berries… I have been envisioning all the different ways I can cook with them.
Well this raspberry glazed chicken was divine inspiration. A simple sauce made roasted chicken thighs extra special and I knew that braising endives is one of the most heavenly ways to prepare them.
So enjoy the rest of National Salad month and I will be sharing a few more endive and berry recipes with you in the coming weeks. If you want some inspiration of your own I would check out both endives.com and Driscolls.com for seasonal recipes.
Chicken with Raspberry Glaze
by Diane Balch
preparation 10 minutes serves 4 – 6
4 pounds of chicken thighs with skin
1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup of extra-virgin oil oil
1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper
1) Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
2) Line a 9 x 12 inch baking pan with foil.
3) Put raspberries, vinegar, oil, and salt and pepper in the blender. Puree until smooth.
4) Transfer sauce to a large bowl.
5) Dip a piece of chicken at a time in the sauce and cover it well. Place pieces in baking pan.
6) Bake for about 40 minutes or until the exterior of the chicken is crispy and the internal temperature is about 165 degrees.
7) Let cool for about 5 minutes before serving.